Sunday, September 13, 2009

P90X Day 36: Chest, Shoulders & Triceps + Ab Ripper X

Today's Chest, Shoulders & Triceps workout was a welcome reprieve for my tired, wobbly legs. Plus, I've discovered that I love (almost) all of the push-up variations in this routine. I'm attacking each set with equal amounts of glee and fear, and feeling pretty good about being able to tackle the "difficult" versions of each move -- with one huge exception: I'm ridiculously awful at one-handed push-ups. I can only muster up two before finishing the set with my knees on the floor.

My proudest moment: I was too shocked/awed/scared last week to even attempt Tony's airborne plyo push-ups, but I decided to give it a shot this morning, and ended up completing 12(!) in a row. I totally collapsed, though, on my thirteenth rep, landing awkwardly on my chest and face, with my legs splayed out. I looked like a crime scene photo.

Fun times.