Thursday, September 10, 2009

P90X Day 33: Legs & Back + Ab Ripper X

Despite waking up dog-tired and not in the mood for exercise, I hit the alarm clock and dutifully rolled out of bed and into my workout clothes at 5:15 this morning. The P90X Legs & Back workout was especially tough today because because I hadn't done it in a couple of weeks; it felt like I was going through many of these moves for the first time. My exertion level was off the charts -- even for many of the squat exercises that I'd thought I'd licked (e.g., wall squats, deadlift squats, 80/20 Siebers speed squats).

The pull-ups, too, were more challenging than I'd expected/remembered. I thought I'd be able to dramatically increase my reps this time around, but while I cranked out full sets of unassisted chin-ups and pull-ups at the beginning of the workout, by the end of the hour, I had to keep a foot on a chair (actually, the top of our washing machine) to finish them. Ultimately, I upped my reps slightly, but not nearly as much as I'd hoped.

And then Ab Ripper X started. With my legs exhausted, I even had trouble with the hip-flexor-focused moves at the very beginning of the session. Ugh.

Am I regressing?